Skip to main content Skip to footer

Roads & Parking

There are many roads in OSM Township. The organization responsible for maintenance of these roads is determined by the type of road.

Township Roads

County Roads 

Highway 7 and Highway 28

Private Roads

Maintained by the OSM Township Public Works Department, guided by the Maintenance Standards Level of Service policy.

Maintained by Peterborough County Public Works Department.

Maintained by the Ministry of Transportation.

People who own property on the private roads are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of these roads.

Burnham Meadows Subdivision

The Township maintains Paul Rexe Blvd from Television Road to Richard Eason Court, and Richard Eason Court within the subdivision.

All other roads within the subdivision are currently maintained by Safe Harbour Developments Inc. (SHDI). Any road concerns or complaints should be sent directly to SHDI at 705-750-1116 Ext. 326.

Take care when using these unassumed roads due to the ongoing construction and lack of street lighting.

Road Closures

Occasional road closures are required from time-to-time for maintenance, culvert replacement, surface treatment or to remove roadway obstructions.

Road closures are necessary to keep both drivers and workers safe.

To receive up-to-date information on both emergency and planned road closures within OSM Township, you can use the following options:

OSM Township uses the public mass notification system Voyent Alert! for emergency and critical notifications including road closures.

To receive emergency alerts or day-to-day notifications via Voyent Alert! mobile app, text/SMS, email or voice calling to a landline, register through one of the following ways:

Subscribe to OSM Township's News information for road closures and other posted news & notices.

OPP News

Official Twitter account of the Ontario Provincial Police.

511 Ontario

An official account of the Ministry of Transportation.
For traveller information for Ontario's provincial highways.

Twitter feed for 511 Ontario

Entrances, Road Signs and Street Lights

If your civic address sign goes missing or gets damaged and needs to be replaced, please contact the Fire Department Administration office at 705-295-6880 or by email.

Please have the following information available to provide:

  1. The civic address number and street name,
  2. Whether or not the post needs to be replaced,
  3. Contact information, in case we need to get a hold of you.

Rural setting, brown tones, country road

To get an entrance reviewed and inspected for proper specifications, you need to fill out the
Entrance Permit Application form.

This completed form and applicable fee need to be submitted at the Township Office, located at 20 Third Street, Keene.

If you require assistance with your entrance permit application, please contact the Building & Planning Assistant.

An entrance permit is required for any proposed new driveway, or entrance to a property in OSM Township. The Director of Public Works

If your proposed entrance is off of a County Road, you need to apply to the County of Peterborough for your entrance permit using the Peterborough County Roads Entrance Permit online application form (After you read the information on the County site (link above), click on Continue in the bottom right to move on to the online form.)

If a road sign is missing or damaged for a municipal road, please contact the Township Office at 705-295-6852, or report it through our Report a Problem Form [add report a problem form].

For Peterborough County roads that have a missing or damaged road sign, please contact the Peterborough County Public Works Department at 705-775-2737.

For Highways 7 and 28, please contact the Ministry of Transportation to report any missing or damaged road signs.

There are street lights located in Keene, Bailieboro, Crystal Springs, Elgeti Drive and Burnham Meadows. Residents and businesses in these areas are charged for the street lights with their property taxes.

Please use the Report a Problem form (or PDF version) to let Municipal staff know of a street light that is out, or that has any other operational issues.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.